- Game Engines
- Web Development
- My Projects
Final Fantasy X HD is Remake — Release Date and Features Rumors
Following the announce of Final Fantasy X HD, made by Square Enix at recent Tokyo Games Show'11, in conditions of strong hunger for additional details and information regarding this project, fresh rumors appeared, covering the questions of possible new features of remake and its release date. And if they are not just rumors — Final Fantasy X HD can be not just remastered in HD version of this highly successful PlayStation 2 game, but a real remake.
So, one Spain language blog about PlayStation — PSTime — published some information about FFX HD, which is claimed to be received "from sources close to developers". Reliability of such sources, of course, is an open question, because there is no confirmation from another sources, but still it looks pretty real and definitely worth to be at least considered as possible reality.
Accordingly to this rumors, Final Fantasy X HD remake will be created using Final Fantasy XIII game engine, which also will be adapted to PS Vita. Another unconfirmed details regarding FFX remake development includes following items:
- Re-created for new engine characters, aeons and some stage elements.
- Cut scenes and FMV will be enhanced with some "filter" of FFXIII engine — probably, it's some kind of AA-filtering and smoothing.
- Magic, special effects and lightning will be re-created using new engine called "Luminous".
- Blitzball game will take little changes.
- FFX HD may have additional network features ( in the light of previous item — I can predict that game will receive multiplayer for Blitzball game in some form, and maybe something else ).
- Release Date — in 2012 fiscal year ( i.e. before 31 March, 2013 ). At the moment it's impossible to concretize release date, but I personally can expect FFX HD to be released in Japan somewhere in Summer / Autumn of 2012. Actual release date highly depends on scale of planned new features ( how many resources required to implement all of them ) and how long FFX HD is in development stage for now. But, if take into account that there is no any pictures of game or official details — highly possible that FFX HD development started not very long ago.
Thus game fans received some additional hope that Square Enix will made not just remastered in HD old game version, but a true remake with new features and enhanced graphics. By the way, this rumors met my expectations for FFX HD, that was made by me shortly after the game was announced at TGS'2011.
P.S. In worst case we may be ended up with something like this: