- Game Engines
- Web Development
- My Projects
Autodesk Mudbox 2012 Subscription Advantage Pack Announced
Autodesk has announced new features of upcoming update for Mudbox 2012 Subscription Advantage Pack, which expected to become available for Subscription Program members by September, 27th.
There is no much info about Mudbox 2012 SAP, but from what's already known is possible to tell that this sculpting and texture painting package will be enhanced with following:
- Gigatexel Engine — new engine allows to work with billions of texels and create massive amount of details.
- Support for hard/soft edges, smoothing groups and creasing - in Mudbox 2012 SAP there will be a new feature that allows to import edge smoothing data from Maya, 3ds Max and Softimage.
- Combine Bump and Normal maps — Subscription Advantage Pack will allow to combine hand-made bump maps with baked inside of Mudbox normal maps for creating single normal map.
- Enhanced tiling — in Mudbox 2012 SAP artists can more easily work with tiling elements and create seamlessly repeating textures and maps.
- Duplicate and Flip — copy different parts of models and flip them to create mirrored versions.
Mudbox 2012 Subscription Advantage Pack, as the Maya 2012 Subscription Advantage Pack, expected to become available in late September.